Goal of the Project:
The Virtual Education Coordinator VISTA member will increase access to arts and STEM programming for youth in Lawrence and throughout the state by migrating the Lawrence Arts Center’s Creative Laboratory curriculum to a permanent virtual space. This, in tandem with organizing a virtual STEAM Educators Conference in the Spring of 2021, will build the capacity of the Lawrence Arts Center to serve both local and regional need for research-based art and STEM programming.
Objective of the Assignment #1
Assess and review the current state of our 200+ STEAM lessons of the Creative Laboratory Curriculum through multiple lenses and work with the Marketing department to migrate it to an easy to navigate online structure.
1. Revise individual lessons for both content and language.
2. Include a diverse artist representation
3. Connect state standards to lessons
4. Update factual and relevant STEM information
5. Coordinate the completion of lesson migration through video, PDF, and photo content with Director of Education and Marketing team
Objective of the Assignment #2
Assess need in communities, both virtual and geographical, for access to arts programming
1. Work with stakeholders including Boys and Girls Club, Kansas Enrichment Network, and others from the state of Kansas to compile a needs assessment for STEAM programming
Objective of the Assignment #3
Develop and implement partnerships and connect communities to both virtual curriculum and training opportunities from the STEAM educators conference and beyond
1. Work closely with Kansas Enrichment Network to organize a virtual STEAM Educators Conference for Spring 2021
2. Create content and share on social media
3. Communicate with a variety of educator organizations to connect them to the conference and the Network
4. Help with the training session for out-of-school-time educators through the Virtual Conference and after
Position employment dates: 10/26/2020-10/25/21
Deadline to apply: 10/31/2020