The Lawrence Arts Center is committed to making its facilities, programming, and website accessible to all, including people with disabilities. All patrons are encouraged to inquire at the front desk (785.843.2787) if they require an accommodation, auxiliary aid, or service.
- Email the front desk (or call 785-843-2787) for assistance in finding the best pathways and locations to meet your needs. Barrier-free entrances and accessible seating are available on all levels of the theater. Wheelchairs can be made available upon request.
- There is a 15-minute drop-off zone on New Hampshire Street directly outside and to the south of the Lawrence Arts Center’s front entrance. Accessible parking is available across the street from the Arts Center in the covered parking garage on New Hampshire Street between 9th and 10th Streets.
- The Lawrence Arts Center provides programs for a wide variety of audiences. Whether you’re looking for exhibitions or performances, classes or workshops, we have a program for you and/or your child. The Lawrence Arts Center staff is experienced at working with patrons with learning, cognitive, mental health, and language disabilities. Contact CEO Margaret Weisbrod Morris to discuss recommendations.
Auxiliary Aids for those with Hearing Impairments
- The Lawrence Arts Center is equipped with a hearing loop system. A receiver sends the voices of our performers from the microphone directly into a hearing aid or cochlear implant. If you use a T-Coil or Telecoil Aid, enjoy! If you have another hearing device, please speak to an usher to get a headset.
- When requested, class instructors can use microphones in studios and classrooms. Contact CEO Margaret Weisbrod Morris for assistance.
- With two weeks’ notice, sign language interpretation services can be provided for lectures and performances. Contact CEO Margaret Weisbrod Morris for assistance
- With four weeks’ notice, the Lawrence Arts Center can provide audio descriptions for performances and exhibitions. Contact the Director of Performing Arts, Elizabeth Sullivan, for assistance.
Large Print Program Materials
- With 24-hour notice, large-print program materials can be made available upon request. Contact the Director of Performing Arts, Elizabeth Sullivan, for assistance.
Braille Program Materials
- With two weeks’ notice, braille program materials can be available upon request. Contact the Director of Performing Arts, Elizabeth Sullivan, for assistance.
- Certified service animals are welcome in the Arts Center’s galleries but must remain on a leash.
- The Lawrence Arts Center’s website follows Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you have problems accessing any portion of this website, please contact Office Manager Lyss Bezner for assistance.
The Lawrence Arts Center is committed to making exhibitions, performances and arts education accessible for all, regardless of income level. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the front desk for assistance.
- We are committed to our community partnerships with social service partners, including Boys & Girls Clubs of Lawrence, Big Brother Big Sisters, Douglas County CASA, Douglas County Youth Services, Willow Domestic Violence Shelter, Cottonwood, Inc., VanGo, Inc., and Centro Hispano.
- We provide access to Arts Center theatre, dance, and visual arts programs to anyone who wishes to participate regardless of income level or ability to pay through our Financial Aid Fund, and we offer many free events and opportunities throughout the year.