School of Dance
Our mission is to cultivate artistry, excellence, and healthy communities through dance training, performance, and outreach.
Cultivating the art of dance within the entire community, our vision is to make dance 100% accessible to all. For over 30 years, the School of Dance’s curriculum has been based on national dance education standards and taught by professionals. Students follow a sequential training program developed to suit age and ability that fosters creativity as well as technique. Focused on developing the artist as well as the art, the School of Dance offers frequent opportunities for performance through numerous and diverse dance productions as well as the pre-professional ballet company, Lawrence Ballet Theatre.
Multiple enrollment dance class discount:
- Enroll in 3 or more eligible weekly dance classes at the same time and receive 25% off the public enrollment price for each class.
- Discount can be applied to families who meet minimum enrollment.
- Not combinable with other discounts, including the 10% membership discount.
- If you drop a class and fall below the 3 class threshold, you will lose your eligibility and be charged for the difference.
- Financial aid and scholarship recipients are not eligible for the bundle discount.
- Discount can only be applied to weekly dance classes. (Cannot be applied to LBT, camps/workshops, or performance production fees.)
BOYS Dance Scholarships are for young men who demonstrate a strong interest in the field of dance. Applicants must be in 2nd-12th grade to be eligible. Contact Hanan Misko to apply.
Established in 1997, CARMINE BALLERE SCHOLARSHIPS are awarded by audition to two students who have demonstrated excellence in dance and a commitment to their craft.
TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT! Give any dance class a try. The first one is on us.
Call the front desk for more information about discounts and trial classes.
March 21, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
$16 general/$10 School of Dance student Lawrence Ballet Theatre will be presenting favorite works from past … [more]Buy Tickets
Madeline’s Rescue was well attended. Thanks to all who came out to see the show … [more]
No Dance Classes after 12 pm on October 31, 2019. Be safe, be spooky and … [more]
Madeline has been described as charmingly impetuous, irrepressible, mischievous, and precocious. She may have been … [more]
The Lawrence Arts Center is proud to welcome AXIS Dance Company, a nationally acclaimed ensemble … [more]
Parent Observation Week – Oct. 7-13 Dance Studio 206/208 and Studio 720 Hosted each … [more]
The School of Dance at the Lawrence Arts Center:
- Provides comprehensive technical training and build knowledge appropriate for each discipline.
- Promotes artistic contributions to the community through innovation, exploration, and enrichment programs.
- Provides exceptional dance experiences through visiting guest artists, master classes, intensive workshops and performances.
- Promotes diversity and excellence in the dance community.
- Hosts the Lawrence Dance Intensives for regional dancers seeking professional dance instruction.
- Offers merit-based scholarships, including the Boys Dance Scholarship and the Carmine-Ballere Scholarship.