The Adult Visual Arts program is seeking new instructors for our Jewelry, Fiber Arts, Creative Writing & Poetry program areas. Our instructors are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in their areas of expertise. Teaching artists who have experience with a wide range of traditional and nontraditional approaches in their specific mediums/disciplines are encouraged to apply. Classes typically run anywhere from one week to twelve weeks for ages 14 and above.
Reports to: Director of Residencies & Adult Education
Candidates with teaching experience and a passion for their artistic practice/discipline are preferred. Teaching Artists who are problem solvers, community minded, enjoy working collaboratively, organized, and have excellent communication skills, are encouraged to apply.
- Plan and develop dynamic, inclusive curricula with an emphasis on advanced art-making techniques, personal expression, and experimentation.
- Cultivate a sense of community and welcoming atmosphere within the each class.
- Coordinate with Studio Manager regarding equipment and supply needs before instruction.
- Create inclusive experiences that support the successes and students with diverse personal histories, artistic experiences, and abilities.
- Share and maintain a clean and safe studio space.
Apply for this Position
"*" indicates required fields