The Lawrence Arts Center School of Dance is seeking to hire an accompanist for its weekly ballet classes. Classes are held Mondays – Saturdays and range from 45 minutes to 90 minutes. Pianist must be diligent, reliable, and able to work with a ballet instructor. Being virtuosic is a plus.
- Provide appropriate music for each dance combination.
- Have multiple styles of music (such as classical, popular, theatrical, opera, or contemporary scores), preferably memorized, which can be adapted for the ballet class
- Improvise and perform music with appropriate rhythms and tempos by observing the movement of the dancers.
- Always be prepared and consistent.
Start Date: Immediately
Pay will range based on level of experience.
- Ability to play piano proficiently and follow musical direction from the class instructor.
- Ability to learn ballet terminology.
- Knowledge of basic methods and techniques of dance accompaniment preferred.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
Apply for this Position
"*" indicates required fields