Auditions | 2024 Lawrence Dance Intensive Scholarship (Virtual)
Auditions | Wonka’s Chocolate Factory
January 6, 2024 10:00am January 7, 2024 1:00pm
Free to Audition
$150 Cast Registration Fee
Calling ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop, contemporary and modern dancers!
Dancers ages six (first grade) or older and adults of all ages are invited to audition for Wonka’s Chocolate Factory, an original, multi-genre dance production.
Experience the marvelous world of Wonka’s Chocolate Factory in this new multi-genre, original dance production. Based on Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and reimagined for the Lawrence Arts Center’s Mainstage, the story follows five children who receive a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to tour Willy Wonka’s famed chocolate factory. Join us to discover what happens when people are presented with limitless possibilities.
Directed and choreographed by dance instructor, Maya TIllman-Rayton, featuring choreography from other School of Dance staff members!
How to Audition
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your audition time.
- Dress wearing appropriate dance attire.
- Applicants should bring all dance shoes they currently own.
- No prepared material is required to audition.
- Youth are required to be actively enrolled in a dance class at any dance studio/school.
- No additional requirements for adults.
- Registration is required by January 4.
Saturday, Jan. 6 | General Call
- 10:00 am | Ages 12-18 (Grades 6-12) – Equivalent levels Ballet Vb-VII; Tap III-IV, Jazz III, Hip Hop III, Modern II
- 11:30 am | Ages 11-18 (Grades 5-12) – Equivalent to Ballet IV-Va (will not include a segment of pointe work), Teens Ballet, Contemporary Movement III-IV, Modern I
- 1:30 pm | Ages 6-9 (Grades 1-2) – Equivalent to Intro to Ballet & Ballet I, Jazz I, Hip Hop I, Tap I
- 2:30 pm | Ages 9-12 (Grades 3-4) – Equivalent to Ballet II-III, Jazz II, Tap II, Hip Hop II, Contemporary Movement I-II
Sunday, Jan. 7 | Call Backs & Adults
- 1-2:30 pm | Call Backs
- 2:30-3:30 pm | Adults (ages 18 and up) **This is a selective audition for lead roles only.**
Attending all rehearsals is required.
Regular rehearsals will be scheduled on either Fridays (4:30-6 pm), Saturdays (2-6 pm), and Sundays (1-6 pm) starting Jan. 24 through March 3.
Full Cast Tech Rehearsals | Monday through Thursday, March 4-7, 4:30-9 pm
Cast Registration Required: WDWK, $150 participation fee, January 19 required. Financial Aid is available for eligible participants.
Friday, March 8 | 7 pm
Friday, March 9 | 2 pm, 7 pm
Auditions | 2024 Lawrence Dance Intensive Scholarship (In-Person)