Calling Movement Creators 3rd Grade through Adult for the First Ever
Virtual Student Choreography Showcase!
Because we can’t bring the audience to the dance, we’ve decided to take the dance to our audience by hosting this year’s event online. Choreographers must be students of the School of Dance and will be permitted to work on their projects at home or in-studio while following health and safety guidelines.
This virtual event will be shared with fellow dancers, family members, and within our School of Dance community during our Winter Arts Fest scheduled for January 8-9. Spend your holiday enjoying these unique performances. See you there!
- Dec. 7 | Online Applications Deadline
- Jan. 5 | Video MaterialsSubmission Deadline
- Jan. 9 at 7 pm | Virtual Showing!
- Dance duration should not exceed 2 minutes, 30 seconds, unless approved by the School of Dance director.
- Choreography, music, and costuming must be appropriate for all-ages.
- Students are responsible for providing their own costumes and props.
- Choreographers must purchase and provide their own music.
- Solos & family dances are highly encouraged. Any dance involving performers not within the household of the choreographer are required to follow the Lawrence Arts Center’s Health and Safety Guidelines for Phased Reopening.
Choreographers will be provided a studio space for their rehearsals and to film their dance at a time to be schedule between Nov. 30 and Dec. 18 (subject to the availability of the Arts Center). For more details, contact Hanan Misko, School of Dance Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.