The Big One-Oh!
November 14 @ 5:00 pm | Buy Tickets for the VOD Online Edition
Two ways to view: Drive-In and Video On Demand!
In this new “Zoomsical,” Charley Maplewood has never been one for parties – that would require friends, which he doesn’t have. Well, unless you count his monster friends, but they’re only imaginary. But now that he’s turning 10—the big one-oh—he decides to throw a birthday party for himself, complete with a “House of Horrors” theme. Of course, things don’t work out as he plans. Will Charley be able to pull it together before the big one-oh… becomes the big OH-NO!?
Our cast of 10 students and 3 adults rehearsed over Zoom for 3 weeks. The performance was then filmed on Zoom and edited together to create a filmed performance of the show.
Zombie King…..Lilah Paul
Mrs. Cleveland…..Dana McCoy
Dad/Vince Champagne…..David Sturm
Virtual Performance Video On Demand
Would you like to watch from home? Purchase a Video On Demand access code and experience the show virtually!
Make your purchase now using the pay-what-can options. You will receive a link and password to the video landing page in your confirmation email. Log in and watch at your convenience beginning November 14. The video will be available for purchase and viewing through December 13.
The Drive-In Event
When: Saturday, November 14
Gates Open: 4:30 pm
Film Begins: 5 pm
Where: Douglas County Fairgrounds
Join us for a Drive-In Performance Screening Party of this new “Zoomsical”, The Big One-Oh! We are sharing this filmed performance drive-in style on a big inflatable movie screen! Bring your favorite treats and cozy up in the heat of your car or bring a blanket & lawn chair to sit next to your vehicle. After the show, join in to congratulate the cast members with a live bow and applause.
A very special thank you to Lawrence Public Library for the use of their big inflatable movie screen!
Electronic and print-at-home tickets only. Tickets are good for carloads of up to 6! Enter off of Harper Street through the SOUTH Gate.
How It Works:
- Only one ticket required per car.
- Tickets must be purchased online prior to the event.
- Gates will open 30 minutes before showtime.
- Check in at the main fairgrounds gate with your digital or printed ticket (no contact required).
- Instructions will be given on how to tune into the audio through your car radio.
- You will be directed to a parking spot in the fairgrounds parking lot.
- One restroom available on site. Please see below for details.
Safety Requirements & Details:
The following are subject to change based on current guidelines outlined by the Douglas County Health Department
- For the safety of everyone, please remain in your car or next to your car to practice safe social distancing.
- One restroom will be available on site. Please use social distancing, masks, and wash your hands to be safe.
- You may bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on-site.
- Trash receptacles will not be available. Plan accordingly if you bring snacks.
- In the event of inclement weather you will be emailed about event postponement.
Youth, Education, and Theatre Give Back Weekend!
Thank you to Black Hills Energy for supporting a weekend of youth, education, and theatre. Black Hills Energy is generously supporting a drive-in film screening performance of The Big One-Oh and live drive-in performance of COATS.
We are excited to announce that any ticket sale or “pay what you can” up to $5,000 will be matched by Black Hills. These events will take place Saturday, November 14, and Sunday, November 15, at the Douglas County Fairgrounds.
Coat and Denim Drive
Black Hills Energy, Scotch Fabric Care, and the Lawrence Arts Center are teaming up to collect coats & denim for the community. Clean out your closet, tubs, and basements and bring your coats and/or denim to the performances that weekend to donate to those in need. Attend the following events and help give back!
Blue Jeans Go Green – Give Old Denim New Purpose – The denim collected will promote energy efficiency by being recycled into insulation and used to help with building efforts around the country. Denim should be clean, 90% cotton or greater, and doesn’t include hangers, tags, stickers, or plastic.
Share the Warmth Coat Drive – Bring a coat in good condition and Scotch Fabric Care will clean it and work with the Salvation Army to get it to someone in need in our community.