Lawrence Dance Intensive: Deadline for Online Merit Scholarship Application & Video Audition
Submission Deadline: Sunday, March 22
To be considered, applicants must complete the online application, write a brief essay, and submit a video audition in addition to meeting the intensive’s enrollment requirements by the deadline. No exceptions.
Applicants should upload their video using youtube.com and mark their video as “unlisted.” This service is free. Include the video URL on your online application.
Applicants should dress in ballet attire and wear flat ballet shoes. It is optional for advanced dancers to wear pointe shoes.
Video auditions must include following criteria (not to exceed 15 minutes):
- Applicant stating their first and last name, age, hometown and dance studio
- Ballet combinations at the barre (one side only):
- Demi and grand plié – in 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th position
- Tendu and dégagé – from either 1st or 5th position
- Grand battlement and a balance in arabesque
- Ballet combinations in center (one side only):
- Adagio – must include développés, penchés, and promenades\
- Pirouettes – must include pirouettes en dedans and en dehors
- Petit allégro – must include changements, jetés, and assemblés.
- Grand allégro – must include grand jetés and grand jeté en tournants.
- Applicants must submit an essay describing why you would like to attend the Lawrence Dance Intensive. Minimum of 150 words.
**All combinations should be set to music. Online submission only. Applications via mail or drop-off will not be accepted.**