Irish Dance // Beginner Workshop
January 16, 2021 @ 10:15 am - 11:00 am
- This event has passed.
This event is presented as part of the Winter Open House Dance Celebration and was rescheduled for this date and time.
Irish Dance Beginner Workshop with Annie Stark (In-Person, Virtual)
Who can attend: 2nd Grade thru Adult
Description: Beginner Irish dance steps to get you ready for St. Patrick’s Day
Location: Lawrence Arts Center, Studio 206
Click here to register and attend in-person
Click here to register and attend virtually
JOIN US IN-PERSON
- Step #1 – Register for one or more sessions (sessions are limited to 9 attendees)
- Step #2 – Arrive at the Arts Center between 10-15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- Attend Expectations:
- Mask Wearing and Social Distancing required at all times.
- COVID-19 Pre-Screening required. Click here for the Lawrence Arts Center’s COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Dressing Rooms are not available. Dancers should arrive wearing dance clothing under street clothes if needed.
- Dancers should bring a water bottle.
- Caretakers are invited to observe the session via the Virtual Dance Portal.
JOIN US VIRTUALLY
- Step #1 – Register for one or more sessions and obtain the password to the Virtual Festival Portal
- Step #2 – Download Zoom at https://zoom.us/download
- Step #3 – Navigate to the Virtual Festival Portal (requires the password provided during registration) and select which dance session you’d like to join. Plan to log on 10 minutes prior to the session’s start time.
- Attendee Expectations:
- Navigate to the Virtual Festival Portal and join the session 10 mins prior to the session’s start time.
- Attendees will be placed into a “waiting room” and will be let in by the teacher.
- Attendees are to dress appropriately for the session and secured hair away from the face.
- Remove any unnecessary furniture, cords, rugs or other hazards to have an open and safe space to dance.
- Obtain any props or supplies for the class and have ready before class begins. If a ballet barre or something similar is required, make sure that what you are holding onto is secure. A door jamb or wall works better than a wobbly chair.
- In Zoom, on the instructors video click “Pin” to enter full screen mode.
- Mute your own video to avoid disruption.
- Remember to unmute yourself to ask a question.
Have a question? Email Amy Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.