2021 End of Year Showcase – Performer Hub
This annual event celebrates the achievement of the School of Dance students through senior solos and class-based performances. Only select youth and adult classes are eligible for this event. For eligible classes, students are required to confirm their participation at the time of class enrollment.
Check out the Virtual End of Year Showcase!
Featuring the works of:
Contemporary Movement I with Amanda Pintore
Contemporary Movement II with Amanda Pintore
Contemporary Movement III with Amanda Pintore
Ballet III with Cynthia Crews, Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Ballet IV with Cynthia Crews
Tap II with Justin Harbaugh
Due to inclement weather, the End of Year Showcase on May 14-15 will be inside on the Lawrence Arts Center main stage. Each student performer will now be permitted one additional in-person audience member in the theater per assigned showcase (2 person max). The performer check-in time(s) remain the same.
Current ticket holders and new purchasers will be emailed a link to enjoy the performances via our multi-camera livestream system. Thank you for your understanding, support, and resiliency. Every ticket purchase makes a difference and we are confident you will enjoy the virtual experience!
**ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
- Performance Program (new!)
- Performance Schedule Overview (updated 4/30/2021)
- Performer & Caregiver Info Generic Packet (a student/class specific packet will be issued in-class)
- Performer Call-Time Overview by Student Name
April 1st | Deadline to modify student performer status at no cost. April 23-30 | Proof Program May 7-13 | Final Class/Dress Rehearsal for Participating Classes May 14-15 | Class Performances
- May 14 | 5:30pm, 7:30PM
- May 15 | 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm
Enrollment & Fees
Select School of Dance classes are programmed on this event and there is no additional fee for students to participate. Students must indicate whether they accept and decline this performance opportunity at the time of class enrollment for eligible classes. Participation status changes after April 1 will result in a $25 fee. 1 complimentary ticket will be given to the primary caregiver. To change your participation, email Claire Buss | email@example.com.
Class attendance is essential for this event. Students who are unable to commit to attending their class(es) will be assigned as an understudy.
Expectations for In-Person Performers
- New Hampshire Street will be closed to host the End of Year Showcases on the 940 New Hampshire Street Stage for a limited audience. Garage will be accessible via the south and north entrances/exits.
- Students will be required to arrive in costume 30-60 minutes prior to showcase for a 5 minute spacing rehearsal on the outdoor stage.
- After the spacing rehearsal, students will be escorted to a designated holding room inside the Arts Center. Depending on current public safety guidelines, please note that larger holding rooms may be shared between two class groups.
- Classes will be escorted from their holding room to perform on the outdoor stage at the appropriate time, then brought back to the holding room.
- Upon the end of the performance, students will rejoin their families and are requested to leave promptly.
- Length of each showcase is 30-60 minutes.
Expectations for Virtual Performers
- Depending on the comfort level, students attending class virtually are permitted to change their participation to in-person. Deadline to modify participation is April 1. Please contact Claire Buss | firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Virtual Students will learn the same choreography as the in-person students.
- Virtual Students will be giving option of performing by:
1) Submitting a video recording of their performance in a location of their choosing for a free video compilation of all virtual performers. Music will be provided in advance. Deadline for video recording is TBD.
2) In-Person on the 940 New Hampshire Street Stage along with other in-person participates. This option requires the virtual students to attend their final class in-person the week of May 7-13. To allow for as much space as possible, classes with virtual participants joining on the final day will be held inside on the Arts Center Mainstage. This final rehearsal is closed to only students.
Each student performer will now be permitted one additional in-person audience member in the theater per assigned showcase (2 person max). Virtual Experience tickets are available for $12. Please note audience members are required to wear a mask wearing and maintain social distancing. Click here to purchase tickets!
Classes Performing on End of Year Showcase (May 14-15)
Adult Ballet I, MO, Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Adult Ballet II, TH, Paige Comparato
Adult Ballet III, TH, Paige Comparato
Adult Chinese Dance, SU, Wanwan Cai
Adult Jazz, TU, Justin Harbaugh
Adult Tap I & II, MO, Justin Harbaugh
Ballet I, MO, Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Ballet I, SA, Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Ballet I: Teens, TU, Cynthia Crews
Ballet II, FR, Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Ballet II, SA, Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Ballet II: Boys, TH, Hanan Misko
Ballet II: Teens, TU, Paige Comparato
Ballet III (Rotation A), MO, Cynthia Crews
Ballet III (Rotation B), MO, Cynthia Crews
Ballet III, FR, Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Ballet III, SA, Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Ballet III: Boys, TU, Hanan Misko
Ballet IVa & IVb, FR, Cynthia Crews
Ballet IVa & IVb, MO, Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Ballet Va (Rotation A), TU, Paige Comparato
Ballet Va (Rotation B), TU, Paige Comparato
Ballet Va & Vb (Rotation A), SA, Cynthia Crews
Ballet Va & Vb (Rotation B), SA, Cynthia Crews
Ballet VI & VII (Rotation A), SA, Shannon Pickett
Ballet VI & VII (Rotation B), SA, Shannon Pickett
Ballet VI & VII, TH, Jerel Hilding
Chinese Dance I & II, SU, Wanwan Cai
Hip Hop II, WE, Maya Tillman-Rayton
Hip Hop III, WE, Maya Tillman-Rayton
Intermediate Pointe (Rotation A), TH, Krystyna J. Hilding
Intermediate Pointe (Rotation B), TH, Krystyna J. Hilding
Irish Step Dance I, MO, Annie Stark
Irish Step Dance II & III, MO, Annie Stark
Jazz I, WE, Claire Buss
Jazz II, WE, Claire Buss
Modern I (Rotation A), WE, Tristian Griffin
Modern I (Rotation B), WE, Tristian Griffin
Senior Solo: Audrey Senger
Senior Solo: Catharine Richards
Senior Solo: Eila Deavours
Senior Solo: Jenna Gaston
Senior Solo: Maya Sabatini
Senior Solo: Taylor Lee
Senior Solo: Zora Lotton-Barker
Tap II, WE, Justin Harbaugh
Tap III, WE, Justin Harbaugh
Tap IV, WE, Justin Harbaugh
Classes Performing In-Person on Mainstage during final class time
Intro to Ballet, FR, Stephanie Day
Intro to Ballet, SA, Elizabeth Newell
Kinder Ballet, SA, Elizabeth Newell
Kinder Ballet, TU, Jordyn Manhart
Preschool Dance I-III, SA, Elizabeth Newell
Preschool Dance I-III, TU, Claire Buss
Tap I, TH, Hanan Misko/Anna Hastings
Classes NOT Performing on EOYS
Adult Pilates, WE, Ashley Sandefur
Ballet IVa, IVb, Va, Vb, WE, Tristian Griffin
Ballet IVb & Va, TH, Cynthia Crews
Ballet Vb & VI, TU, Cynthia Crews
Ballet VI & VII, MO, Cynthia Crews
Ballet Vb & VI, TH, Krystyna J. Hilding
Intermediate Pointe, TU, Cynthia Crews
Pre/Beg Pointe, TU, Paige Comparato
Pre/Beg Pointe, TH, Cynthia Crews
Stretch, Strength, & Pointe Preparation, FR, Cynthia Crews