School of Dance
Dance Instructors (part-time, hourly)
The Lawrence Arts Center School of Dance is seeking to hire experienced dance instructors for upcoming classes and other programming opportunities, including substitute teaching.
Cultivating the art of dance within the entire community, our vision is to make dance 100% accessible to all. For over 30 years, the School of Dance’s curriculum has been based on national dance education standards and taught by professionals. Students follow a sequential training program developed to suit age and ability that fosters creativity as well as technique. Focused on developing the artist as well as the art, the School of Dance offers frequent opportunities for performance through numerous and diverse dance productions as well as the pre-professional ballet company, Lawrence Ballet Theatre.
Lawrence Arts Center School of Dance currently offers the following classes:
- Ballet & Pointe
- Boys Ballet
- Classical Chinese Dance
- Hip Hop
- Irish Step Dance
- Kinder Ballet (Little Movers)
- Preschool Dance (Little Movers)
- Wee Dance
- Yoga (family)
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resumé, and 2-3 references to:
School of Dance Director
Lawrence Arts Center
Theatre Technicians & Scenic, Lighting and Costume Designers
The Lawrence Arts Center, a 501©3 arts organization providing the Lawrence, Kansas community with contemporary exhibitions, performances, and visual and performing arts education is seeking to hire Theatre Technicians & Scenic, Lighting and Costume Designers.
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Performing Arts
The Lawrence Arts Center
Theatre Technician Job Description
Set up, run, and strike concerts, dance shows, theatre shows, lectures and other events as needed. Build sets, costumes, hang lighting instruments, curtains, run projections, sound and lighting boards.
The number and distribution of hours varies depending on the production schedule. Number of crew needed varies based on the production and performance needs. Theatre Technicians Jobs are part-time, hourly work. Theatre Technicians report to the Production Coordinator & Technical Director of Performing Arts.
- Supervisory experience in technical theatre.
- Familiarity with multiple technical theatre systems, i.e. fly rail, audio, video, lighting, rough carpentry.
- Prior production or theatre experience (wardrobe, lighting, audio, video, and/or fly systems) obtained through coursework, volunteer, or paid work experience.
- Ability to perform physical tasks associated with this occupational group.
- Experience as a light board or sound board operator a plus.
Scenic, Lighting and Costume Designer Job Description
Design, conceive, and realize original set, lighting or costume designs. Work with a professional production team to collaborate and envision designs and plans for theatre productions.
The number and distribution of hours varies depending on the production schedule. Number of designers needed varies based on the production and performance needs. Scenic, lighting and costume designers are hired as a contract artist by production. Designers report to the Production Coordinator and Technical Director of Performing Arts.
- Prior set, lighting or costume design experience obtained through coursework, volunteer, or paid work experience.
- A good working knowledge of production processes.
- The ability to be resourceful and adaptable and be able to solve practical and conceptual problems.
- Supervisory experience in technical theatre and production teams.
- The capacity to manage a design project from start to finish, and to meet tight deadlines