If you flourish in fast-paced environments and would thrive pulling off some of the most creative events in town, we want you on our team!
We are now hiring an Events Manager to make art happen in and out of the building.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and references to Elizabeth Sullivan, Director of Performing Arts: Elizabeth@lawrenceartscenter.org
The Events Manager for the Lawrence Arts Center manages the logistics and details for events throughout the organization, including facility rentals, event vendors, bar management, and house management. The Events Manager is part of the Performing Arts team working in an upbeat and fast-paced environment to produce events in alignment with our mission. The ideal candidate has a love for the arts and a proven track record in event planning and coordination.
- Organize rentals and serve as the Lawrence Arts Center liaison with all departments from the signing of a contract through the execution of the event including coordinating physical space preparation.
- Maintain current contracts, prepare estimates, and work closely with Chief Operating Officer (COO) for all post-event payout, collections, and accounting requirements.
- Hire, train, oversee, schedule, and prepare payroll information for bar and house management staff.
- Ensure alcohol compliance for all bartenders and events.
- Process inventory and place alcohol and concession orders as needed, following deadlines as set out by the COO and prepare concessions budget.
- Work each opening night of performances and serve as scheduling backup to House Management staff as needed.
- With departmental assistance, recruit and supervise Arts Center volunteers. Oversee the volunteer program and communications.
- Attend Performing Arts production meetings and Tech Staff meetings and serve as an integral role within departments and staff.
- Ensure ADA compliance for all events.
3-5 year’s experience in event management
Willingness to work a flexible schedule
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
Knowledge of alcohol laws and compliance
Excellent customer services skills (written and verbal)
Extreme attention to details and self-motivated
Ability to work independently and also as a team with various staff
Ability to problem solve with sound judgement
Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
Ability to lift and move items up to 40 lbs.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS:
Life, LTD, STD
401 (k) Plan