Welcome to The Nutcracker, A Kansas Ballet Performer Hub!
We look forward to a magical Lawrence Nutcracker season! See below for access to up-to-date cast documents, a link to the Nutcracker enrollment page, and list of important dates.
Watch our Special Welcome Video!
Important Cast Documents:
- Cast List
- Official Rehearsal, Tech, and Performance Schedule (updated 11/18/2021)
- Costume Fitting Schedule
- Costume/Hair/Makeup Requirements (new!)
- Digital Video Order link (Due Dec, 31. 2021)
- Comp Ticket Request Form (Due Nov. 19)
Parent Volunteer Sign Ups: (new!)
Special Notes About This Year’s Production & COVID Updates
- All cast and volunteers will be required to take a COVID-19 test on December 6th between 6:30-9PM. Orchard Drug will be testing in the lobby of the Arts Center. Test is free of charge. More details to come.
- Cast members are expected to be present for all scheduled rehearsals and performances, be on time and ready to rehearse. Due to the circumstances and condensed rehearsals, all rehearsals are mandatory.
- There is no additional costume fee but cast members will be expected to provide their own dance shoes, socks, tights, undergarments, makeup/hair supplies. Additional costuming will be provided by the production.
- Adult staff and participants will be required to submit proof of vaccination or weekly negative test as announced on Aug. 30, 2021.
- Audience members ages 12yrs and up will be required to provide proof of vaccination or weekly COVID-19 negative test as announced on Aug. 30, 2021. Theater capacity for in-person attendees will be limited. Performances will be livestream.
- Arts Center COVID-19 Guidelines can be found here.
All performers are required to read the Performer Packet linked above. This packet includes information about the production, the rehearsal schedule, what to expect, who to contact, and other useful information. We will send weekly reminders via email alerting cast members of their rehearsal time and location.
* All rehearsals are MANDATORY
- October 23 – November 21: Rehearsals
- November 24 – 28: Thanksgiving Break. No Rehearsals!
- November 29 – December 3: Brush-Up Rehearsals
- December 4 – 9: Full Cast Tech/Dress Rehearsals (Times TBA)
- December 10 | 7 PM
- December 11 | 2 PM & 7 PM
- December 12 | 3 PM