Learn from artists how to be an artist!
The job of an artist is not limited to making great art.
Join other art-minded teens to learn the entrepreneurial skills needed for artistic success. Students will have full access to all Arts Center studios to build a body of work in the media of their choice, including ceramics, printmaking, fiber arts, metalwork, drawing and painting.
Learn from professional artists how to self-promote your art, website development, grant and scholarship writing, exhibition design, and gallery relationships to present a winter Final Friday group exhibition and solo exhibitions in the spring.
Tuition is set on a sliding scale for this special program. Enroll in one or both semesters.
Wednesdays, September 15 – December 15, 3:30-6:30 pm
(no class the week of Thanksgiving)
• Portfolio Panel with KCAI and KU Faculty
• Studio Practice: Make Art in LAC Studios!!
• Artwork Photo Documentation
• Online Portfolio Creation
• Scholarship & Academic Application Preparation
• Group Exhibition
Wednesdays, January 12 – April 20, 3:30-6:30 pm
(no class the week of March 14-18)
• Gallery Connections
• Studio Visits with Local Artists
• Studio Practice: Make Art in LAC Studios!
• Digital Marketing and Promotion
• Solo Exhibition Preparation, Installation, and Presentation
stARTup Mentors: Traci Bunkers & Blanca Herrada tuition sliding scale
Registration Deadline: September 13
Information at email@example.com