2020 Fall Semester School of Dance Calendar
Interim Ballet Classes Offered in August
Grades 6 to 12; available for student’s level V-VII to prepare for the upcoming auditions and the start of the fall semester. Pointe shoes are optional for level VI-VII students. The classes will be held virtually with the possibility of allowing students to participate in-person if room capacity allows.
For the Fall Semester
The fall semester is divided into Session A and B. Certain classes will be affected. For the downloadable/printable Weekly Class Schedules, please click the corresponding Session A and Session B buttons below.
For students enrolled in Ballet I-VII, studio capacities will be limited to maintain adequate distancing requirements. To accommodate in-person participation, for classes larger than the capacity of the studio, students will enroll in an A/B course rotation that will alternate between virtual class and physical attendance in the studio. See the School of Dance calendar below.
Prior to entering the building, all persons must complete a COVID-19 self-screening. If your answer to any of the screening questions is “yes”, please participate virtually from home.
Aug. 17 | Interim Ballet Classes Start
Aug. 22 | Parent Welcome/Info Meeting via ZOOM, 10-11AM
Aug. 23 | Auditions for Lawrence Ballet Theatre Company
Aug. 23 | Audition for Carmine Ballere Scholarship
Aug. 23 | Dance Shoppe Pop-Up Store, Time TBA
Aug. 30 | First Day of Fall SoD Classes (12weeks)
Sept. 6-7 | Labor Day Holiday/NO CLASSES
Sept. 27-28 | Auditions for The Nutcracker, A Kansas Ballet: Video Installation – Mainstage
Oct. 12-18 | Class Observation Week
Oct. 31 | Halloween Holiday/NO Classes after 5pm
Nov. 23 | Last Day of Classes
Nov. 24 | Virtual Student Choreography Showcase
In-Person Participation Protocols during the Pandemic Health & Safety Guideline Phases Yellow and Green
• Students adhere to 6-10 foot social distancing guidelines at all times. Dance studio floors will be marked with tape to assist in social distancing.
• Wearing a mask is required at all times.
• Dance shoes or socks must be worn at all times (bare feet will not be permitted).
• Dance bags and water bottles are kept separate from others’ belongings and placed in a dedicated area inside the Dance Studio.
• Students should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before class, wearing dance clothes under street clothes. The dressing room is closed.