This past weekend our second round of jurors met to hear presentations from the finalists from the Pathways group of applicants. After a long day of deliberation, they chose six final projects to fill out the total 15 projects that will be completed with this ArtPlace grant.
The six newly selected community-based projects are, in no particular order:
1. Matt Lord – East Lawrence Family Tree Project (Portraits)
2. Kaitlin Stanley – Propagating Place: A Wild and Native Community-Based Learning Garden
3. James Moreno – The Pocho Project (Theatrical Dance)
4. New York Elementary – 150th Celebration & Sculpture
5. Mona Cliff – Natives Now (Multimedia)
6. Kim Brook & Irene Tsuneta – Yarn it Forward
Four of the original artists will also present on June 12th, including:
1. Stephen Johnson
2. Meredith Moore
4. Nick Carswell
please watch our website for details on these fantastic projects as they progress – www.rebuildingeastninth.com
SIX new East Ninth Artists were recently selected by a panel of jurors and, along with FOUR of the selected projects from the original iteration of East Ninth, they will present a short overview of their projects to the public on Wednesday, June 12th, 7-9 pm, at the Lawrence Arts Center, in the large gallery. You’re invited to attend this mix and mingle East Ninth Artists’ Presentation & Celebration!
Cover Art by Dave Lowenstein