At the Kelly Galloway Kindergarten we fully embrace STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). We also realize we need STEAM because you can’t spell SmART without ART!
We celebrate STEAM through:
- Cooking—hands-on math, science, healthy living
- Music—math, science, sound, rhythm, patterns
- Observation—questions, scientific principles
- Blocks—science, math engineering, spatial relationships
- “Junque” box—engineering, assemblage art, problem-solving
- Animals—classroom pets, science, animal health, responsibility, field trips
- Visual art—hands-on experiences, creative expression, color mixing, observation, vocabulary
- Communication—planning with peers, sharing, problem-solving, discussion, writing, reading
“The teachers help make learning real by incorporating real experiences in addition to books, etc.
— Kelly Galloway Kindergarten parent
“I liked subtraction bowling!”
—Mykah, Felix, and Elijah
Made possible by a gift from the Thomas D. Galloway Family, the curriculum developed for this groundbreaking arts-based kindergarten completes the continuum of the award-winning academic programming pioneered at the Arts Center. With a special focus on preparing young students to develop innovation skills, the arts-based approach sets the stage for a lifetime love of learning.
Children who will be age 5 before August 31 are eligible to enroll. Spaces are limited. Contact Linda Reimond for questions and to enroll your child in the Kelly Galloway Kindergarten for the 2018/19 school year.