Upcoming Scholarship Auditions
Saturday, January 27 / 11-1PM University of Kansas, Robinson Center
Sunday, March 11 / 2:30-4:30PM Lawrence Arts Center, Studio 206
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to audition time.
Dancers seeking a merit scholarship should attend a scholarship audition or submit an audition via video link.
Only partial scholarships will be awarded.
Online Merit Scholarship Application & Video Audition
Submission Deadline: April 1
To be considered, applicants must complete the online application, write a brief essay, and submit a video audition in addition to meeting the intensive’s enrollment requirements by the deadline. No exceptions.
Applicants should upload their video using youtube.com and mark their video as “unlisted.” This service is free. Include the video URL on your online application.
Applicants should dress in ballet attire and wear flat ballet shoes. It is optional for advanced dancers to wear pointe shoes.
Video auditions must include following criteria (not to exceed 15 minutes):
- Applicant stating their first and last name, age, hometown, and dance studio
- Ballet combinations at the barre (one side only):
- Demi and grand plié – in 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th position
- Tendu and dégagé – from either 1st or 5th position
- Grand battlement and a balance in arabesque
- Ballet combinations in center (one side only):
- Adagio – must include développés, penchés, and promenades
- Pirouettes – must include pirouettes en dedans and en dehors
- Petit allégro – must include changements, jetés, and assemblés.
- Grand allégro – must include grand jetés and grand jeté en tournants.