We are excited to announce the Lawrence Arts Center has received a $20,000 challenge grant from the Jedel Family Trust to continue making the arts accessible to all children and families in Lawrence! Please consider helping us meet this challenge by the date of our annual Education and Financial Aid fundraiser scheduled for Saturday, September 30, 2017!
If we meet this challenge, we can provide financial aid to an additional 400 families in Lawrence. Help us meet our goal and double the impact of your giving today. We’re already almost halfway to our goal!
We’ll announce the results of the challenge at our fall financial aid fundraiser on September 30. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets to the Speakeasy!
Each year, we see the need and opportunity to provide the best in visual and performing arts education grow, and we are committed making sure that no family is turned away because of cost. Here are a few facts to consider:
- Financial aid awards in 2016-2017 totaled $142,000.
- 1,200 families received some kind of financial aid for arts-based education.
- 20% of our preschool and kindergarten families receive financial aid support for tuition.
- Children served by Family Promise, Douglas County CASA, The Shelter, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and the Lawrence Community Shelter attend classes free of charge.
- The average financial aid award is $118.
- Outreach funding served more than 150 children per week during the school year from Boys and Girls Club, Little Nations at Haskell University, HeadStart, and the Children’s Learning Center at a cost of $177,000.
If we meet this challenge, we can provide financial aid to an additional 400 families in Lawrence! Please consider a gift in any amount to help us meet this $20,000 challenge and keep arts accessible to everyone. Double the impact of your giving today by clicking here. We accept gifts of stock as well; please contact us for information. The Lawrence Arts Center is also a qualified charity to receive IRA charitable distributions.
With your help meeting this challenge, we will be announcing our success on September 30th. We’ll be turning the Arts Center into a 1920’s Speakeasy to benefit our Arts Education program, and it’s sure to be a roarin’ good time! Get your tickets here.