Visual Arts and Writing Instructors for Adult Classes:
The Education team is looking for additional instructors for our visual arts and creative writing programs. We are looking for artists and writers from varied backgrounds with diverse skills who demonstrate a commitment to excellence in their creative and professional practice. Previous teaching experience is preferred. Please send a resume/CV, cover letter, and 3-5 work samples to:
Director of Residencies and Adult Education
Visual Arts and Instructors for Youth Classes:
The Education team is looking for additional instructors for our visual arts programs. We are looking for artists and writers from varied backgrounds with diverse skills who demonstrate a commitment to excellence in their creative and professional practice, and an enthusiasm for youth arts education. Previous teaching experience is preferred. We are currently seeking an instructors for Beginning Filmmaking for 3-5th grade, and Filmmaking for middle through high school, as well as instructors for youth Metals and Jewelry. Please send a resume/CV, cover letter, and examples of previous work to:
Director of Youth Education
Life Drawing Models:
We are seeking models for winter/spring sessions of Life Drawing and Anatomy and Open Model drawing classes. Life drawing models are an essential component to our Adult Education program to instruct students in drawing the human figure using a variety of drawing media. All students in our life drawing classes are age 18 or above. Previous life drawing model experience is preferred, however we are accepting applications from all interested individuals.
Contact Anne Luben
for application procedures
Theatre Technicians & Scenic, Lighting and Costume Designers
The Lawrence Arts Center, a 501©3 arts organization providing the Lawrence, Kansas community with contemporary exhibitions, performances, and visual and performing arts education is seeking to hire Theatre Technicians & Scenic, Lighting and Costume Designers.
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Performing Arts
The Lawrence Arts Center
Theatre Technician Job Description
Set up, run, and strike concerts, dance shows, theatre shows, lectures and other events as needed. Build sets, costumes, hang lighting instruments, curtains, run projections, sound and lighting boards.
The number and distribution of hours varies depending on the production schedule. Number of crew needed varies based on the production and performance needs. Theatre Technicians Jobs are part-time, hourly work. Theatre Technicians report to the Production Coordinator & Technical Director of Performing Arts.
- Supervisory experience in technical theatre.
- Familiarity with multiple technical theatre systems, i.e. fly rail, audio, video, lighting, rough carpentry.
- Prior production or theatre experience (wardrobe, lighting, audio, video, and/or fly systems) obtained through coursework, volunteer, or paid work experience.
- Ability to perform physical tasks associated with this occupational group.
- Experience as a light board or sound board operator a plus.
Scenic, Lighting and Costume Designer Job Description
Design, conceive, and realize original set, lighting or costume designs. Work with a professional production team to collaborate and envision designs and plans for theatre productions.
The number and distribution of hours varies depending on the production schedule. Number of designers needed varies based on the production and performance needs. Scenic, lighting and costume designers are hired as a contract artist by production. Designers report to the Production Coordinator and Technical Director of Performing Arts.
- Prior set, lighting or costume design experience obtained through coursework, volunteer, or paid work experience.
- A good working knowledge of production processes.
- The ability to be resourceful and adaptable and be able to solve practical and conceptual problems.
- Supervisory experience in technical theatre and production teams.
- The capacity to manage a design project from start to finish, and to meet tight deadlines.
School of Dance
The School of Dance welcomes experienced dance instructors in the areas contemporary/modern, jazz, tap, ballet, social or world dance. Send resume and cover letter to:
Dance School Director
Lawrence Arts Center