Chief Executive Officer
The Lawrence Arts Center, a 501©3 arts organization providing the Lawrence, Kansas community with contemporary exhibitions, performances, and visual and performing arts education is seeking to hire a Chief Executive Officer, CEO.
The CEO is the primary spokesperson and leader of the Lawrence Arts Center. S/he reports to the Board of Directors with specific oversight by the Board Chairman. In partnership with the Board and staff, it is the CEO’s responsibility to further the mission of the organization.
To learn more about this opportunity please click here.
REPORTS TO: Director of New Media
JOB SUMMARY: The marketing/PR assistant is a part time position that assists the Director of New Media with marketing and PR functions as they relate to the promotion of Art Center shows, enrollments, programs and the Free State Film Festival.
- Coordinate ad sales for the 3 catalogs that come out each year.
- Gathering special marketing mailing lists to be used to market specific programs, ie: area pre-schools; home schools; KU organizations, etc.
- Deliver flyers to specific locations as needed.
- Prepare event listings and send to the Lawrence Journal World, Explore Lawrence, etc. as instructed by Director of New Media.
- Assist as needed with social media and film projects.
- Other misc. duties as assigned.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be proficient with social media outlets.
- Person who takes initiative.
- Has an interest in the arts.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Stacy Galloway Haywood
Visual Arts and Writing Instructors for Adult Classes:
The Education team is looking for additional instructors for our visual arts and creative writing programs. We are looking for artists and writers from varied backgrounds with diverse skills who demonstrate a commitment to excellence in their creative and professional practice. Previous teaching experience is preferred. Please send a resume/CV, cover letter, and 3-5 work samples to:
Director of Residencies and Adult Education
Theatre Technicians & Scenic, Lighting and Costume Designers
The Lawrence Arts Center, a 501©3 arts organization providing the Lawrence, Kansas community with contemporary exhibitions, performances, and visual and performing arts education is seeking to hire Theatre Technicians & Scenic, Lighting and Costume Designers.
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Director of Performing Arts
The Lawrence Arts Center
Theatre Technician Job Description
Set up, run, and strike concerts, dance shows, theatre shows, lectures and other events as needed. Build sets, costumes, hang lighting instruments, curtains, run projections, sound and lighting boards.
The number and distribution of hours varies depending on the production schedule. Number of crew needed varies based on the production and performance needs. Theatre Technicians Jobs are part-time, hourly work. Theatre Technicians report to the Production Coordinator & Technical Director of Performing Arts.
- Supervisory experience in technical theatre.
- Familiarity with multiple technical theatre systems, i.e. fly rail, audio, video, lighting, rough carpentry.
- Prior production or theatre experience (wardrobe, lighting, audio, video, and/or fly systems) obtained through coursework, volunteer, or paid work experience.
- Ability to perform physical tasks associated with this occupational group.
- Experience as a light board or sound board operator a plus.
Scenic, Lighting and Costume Designer Job Description
Design, conceive, and realize original set, lighting or costume designs. Work with a professional production team to collaborate and envision designs and plans for theatre productions.
The number and distribution of hours varies depending on the production schedule. Number of designers needed varies based on the production and performance needs. Scenic, lighting and costume designers are hired as a contract artist by production. Designers report to the Production Coordinator and Technical Director of Performing Arts.
- Prior set, lighting or costume design experience obtained through coursework, volunteer, or paid work experience.
- A good working knowledge of production processes.
- The ability to be resourceful and adaptable and be able to solve practical and conceptual problems.
- Supervisory experience in technical theatre and production teams.
- The capacity to manage a design project from start to finish, and to meet tight deadlines.
School of Dance
The School of Dance welcomes experienced dance instructors in the areas contemporary/modern, jazz, tap, ballet, social or world dance. Send resume and cover letter to:
Dance School Director
Lawrence Arts Center